MainStage or Ableton Live For Digital In ears.

Ableton

brycehaney5

almost 7 years ago (edited)

Hey guys! Ive been thinking for a while, does anyone have any ideas on running MainStage or Ableton for in ears? What interface should i get? If i used MainStage to mix them, could i use Ableton live in the future too during worship? Thanks!
tsho08

almost 7 years ago

You can use both......This guy actually shows you how to setup inears with MS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCy-bRy6BeQ Lemme know if you need more info. Mainstage in only $30 too, which might be better if your just getting started running in ears and routing things.
brycehaney5

almost 7 years ago

I've seen that video before! Its pretty cool. Im not new to in ears. Just using in ears digitally. I have a drum mix my guitar my vocal the worship leader mic and guitar that needs to be going to my in ears. How big of an interface should i get? If i choose to use MainStage, could i still use ableton live for triggering my multi tracks for worship? Thanks
tsho08

almost 7 years ago

I'd do as big as possible.... like in 18 in 18 out style. maybe.
tsho08

almost 7 years ago

You could still you ableton for loops.... make sure you have lots of cpu power left after using MS for the in ears though.
brycehaney5

almost 7 years ago

I can only afford about 300 bucks... I have a MacBook Pro core i5 early 2011. I should have enough
tsho08

almost 7 years ago

should work! just check anyways... there is a meter in mainstage on the top to check so.... Don't hate me for saying this company I know they normally aren't good but their new products are pretty decent and in range. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FCA1616
brycehaney5

almost 7 years ago

Iv'e thought about that model. But, people have said it has pops while recording and they said the outputs crack...
mike

almost 7 years ago

Be careful if you're planning on using two applications and a single interface. Some interfaces may be fine, some have basically a single-threaded driver that can only be used by one direct audio device at a time. You can usually get around this using something like SoundFlower, but it can make the setup quite complicated.
brycehaney5

almost 7 years ago

Ok, thanks! I never new that you could possibly not use two programs with the single interface. So, i want to mix my stuff on stage, so my interface needs to be up there right? Do i need a splitter for each xlr?