Logic & MainStage

Mainstage Question

Logic & MainStage

kferris

almost 7 years ago (edited)

Is it possible to transpose with Mainstage? Here's what i'm wanting to do. Have our keys player...play in C....have the outcome become Bb.
tsho08

almost 7 years ago

I transpose on the the fly all the time in mainstage... I'm a poor piano player so I learn songs in one key and if it's not in the original key then I transpose to make it work lol. You need to have MS3. There is a mifi FX plugin cause transpose then you just pick how many semi tones you want to change it. So C to Bb would be 2 semitones..... make sure you put the transpose on EVERY sound you are using.
kferris

almost 7 years ago

Cool..that will help. It's called "Midi FX" So I can have certain patches transposing? Then I can use Ableton to change patches... WOO HOO Is adding this plug in to a channel strip as simple as selecting it from a pull down menu in the strip itself ?
tsho08

almost 7 years ago

Have you used the arp or note repeat options? it's in the same drop downlist. It's ust under what instrument your using.... like ES2, etc... just before you get down to the point where your adding things like reverb and delays.
kferris

almost 7 years ago

Cool..i think i can find it. Just kind of getting started on using Mainstage 3 live.
tsho08

almost 7 years ago

Hope this helps a little more.

Screen_Shot_2014-07-21_at_3.35.46_PM.png

tsho08

almost 7 years ago

I use chord trigger a ton to cheat on playing piano.... instead of playing octaves I can play one note and get multiple octaves.
kferris

almost 7 years ago

Cool...i may do that as well. I would like to play around with the Appregiator as well.
kferris

almost 7 years ago

Once again....thank you