Make the click volume dynamic

Prime App

EFG-Kirchheim

11 days ago

Hi there,

Would it be possible to add an option for the click track which adjusts the volume of the click dynamically to the total volume of the song?

The problem which I have is that some songs are at some points very dynamic and loud, but the click is the most important line and needs to be audible for me at all time. This makes the click relatively loud in quiet sections of the song and sometimes, the audience can hear the click as well because my in-ear-headphones transport the click sound to the microfon in front of me.

When some instruments or lines are playings, it's not an issue at all. It's just at thos quiet sessions (e.g. at the start or end) of a song where this happens sometimes.

As a user of the Prime App I'd like to get an option for the click track which automatically adjusts the volume according to the total volume of the song so that it quiets down when e.g only pads are playing.

Can you please add something like this?

mattslack

10 days ago

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately there isn't a way to automate the level of the click track in Prime. one way you could control the volume of the click would be to map an expression pedal to the click track so you can raise and lower the volume of that track at will. To do this, you'd need something like a Looptimus or Looptimus Mini to connect the Expression pedal, but would give you that control as well as give you control over other track related functions as well. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

EFG-Kirchheim

10 days ago

Thanks for the answer! This opportunity sounds very interesting. But how do you map the expression pedal to the click? Is this done within the Prime app?

mattslack

9 days ago

You can do this in the Prime app by clicking the Midi button after connecting your controller to the app. Select the click fader, and then move your expression pedal to map it to that fader. Check out this video for a demo of this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHaKMbdHNQ8&ab_channel=LoopCommunity