Logic & MainStage

Marker lists show up for some patches but not others

Logic & MainStage

djudson

about 5 years ago (edited)

I have a perplexing problem. My LPX marker lists show up in some patches but not others. My workflow is the same: I create the song in LPX, add the Markers; export as .caf. In MS, I can "walk" the patch list and the markers show up on some patches (always the same ones), but not the others. My patches are simple; just one Playback instance and one software instrument track running DMXIS for lights. In Edit mode the Screen Inspector shows two selectable options: Patch List, and then Playback underneath it. I select Playback of course and then SAVE. Doesn't matter. Still won't work, and the Marker list box does not show the markers (although they are definitely in the .caf file in the Playback instance itself). Any thoughts? I'm triggering patch changes using the LPD8 midi controller and that works fine. Thanks, David
djudson

about 5 years ago

I've addressed this problem with a convenient workaround. I deleted the Marker list control that I was attempting to use to display the marker lists. In its place, and in Layout mode, I created a custom Marker widget that includes a few parameter text boxes, one button, and a progress clock. In Edit mode, and for each patch separately, I then mapped the boxes to "Current Marker" and "Next Marker." The button is tied to "Cycle" and the clock to "Time to next marker." This had to be repeated for each patch, but took less than 30 minutes. (I'm using other Play/Stop transport). The result looks and works great; much better than the Marker list control.