Logic & MainStage

Markers from Logic Pro X won't show up in MainStage 3

Logic & MainStage

davislive

about 7 years ago (edited)

I've read thru the forums and tried so many different file options and checking and un-checking of boxes and I just can't seem to get my markers from Logic to show up in the MainStage 3 playback plugin. At this point I'd be fine with it just being some dumb mistake on my part. Could anyone shed some light on this? Can Kyle come over for an hour?
irmikeb

about 7 years ago

Jono I went through the videos too. Kyle is the goods that is for sure. Best advice I can give is what you have probably already read, seen and know..... 1) Export 'all tracks as audio files' and make sure they are exported in 'CAF' format from Logic Pro X so they carry the marker info with them. 2) Click on your concert name in MainStage and hit the 'layout' tab top left. (make sure you are doing this at Concert level). In your MainStage template check you have a list/text box that says 'patch names or markers' in it. When you click on the box there should be 'Appearance' details listed down the left hand side of the page under 'Screen Inspector'. There are two toggles here. Check ' Patch names or Markers' 3) Locate your caf. files from where you have exported them and drag/drop them onto the respective instances of playback on your channel strips. (Incidentally I am creating my songs at set level because I want to play a variety of instruments as patches along with the song when it is playing. So all my instances of playback are on channel strips at set level). 4) In the main edit screen click on your song (if it is at set level click on the set, if it is at patch level click on the patch). Whilst at this level click on the box you set up for 'patch names or markers'. You need to 'map' this to your song for the markers to appear in this box 5) With the marker box highlighted in the edit screen you should have a list in eth screen inspector down the bottom of all your instances of playback i.e. 'Click' Cues, Bass, Drums etc - whatever you have names them. I usually use Cues/Guide. Click on one of them and choose 'Playback' in the box to the right 6) God willing the markers should appear in the box above!

Screen_Shot_2014-04-12_at_8.00.28_pm.png

irmikeb

about 7 years ago

Second pic for the above

Screen_Shot_2014-04-12_at_7.59.18_pm.png

tsho08

about 7 years ago

Sorry I'm slow replying on this...... so to get markers out of logix pro X and into mainstage 3 you have to go to File>Export>All tracks as audio files. Then save them as .caf files at 16bit. then you open up however many playback tracks as you need and just drag the .caf file into them.
tsho08

about 7 years ago

hey mike what difference did you map to get the concert/set info on one and Just the markers on the other?
davislive

about 7 years ago

First of all I couldn't ever see "All Tracks as Audio Files" because I didn't have the advanced tools checked in preferences. I got excited because I thought it was finally going to work but it doesn't. Ugh. Manually inputing markers in the playback plugin is annoying. So I must be doing the markers wrong in Logic then because I just don't get it.
irmikeb

about 7 years ago

Jono, you are actually a step ahead of me. I've never entered the markers manually in mainstage. Wouldn't know how. Check you are entering Markers at the top of Logic x rather than Arrangement. They are easy to mix up. Travis sorry I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but if you mean how the patch/ set list is on the left and markers list in the right...... The first was done at concert level. The second was done at the set level, level of my loops and mapped as per pic 1 and points 4 and 5 above. Cheers - Mike.
davislive

about 7 years ago

FINALLY!!! Totally was making markers in the Arrangement track. so dumb. I learned from Kyle that you can manually enter markers by right clicking above the wav file in the playback plugin. I suppose if you needed a quick edit that would be more handy than re-doing it in logic. Thanks so much guys!
irmikeb

about 7 years ago

Bless you dude. Glad you've sorted it. Can be so frustrating!
tsho08

about 7 years ago

Mike u answered my question thanks. I was do as much as possible at c concert level to save time making new patches but I guess I should put the markers one on set level. Thanks man