Logic & MainStage

Markers not showing up in Mainstage??

Logic & MainStage

samuelhodgett

over 6 years ago (edited)

Hey guys (or @Kyle): I'm very new to all of this. I just purchased my first track and am hoping to use it this weekend. I downloaded the LC Mainstage template, and went through the PDF tutorial, using Garageband. I added the Markers as suggested, and exported (and imported) as suggested. When I follow the instructions as they are laid out, the markers don't show up. As it says in step 9, I changed the "Markers List" and assigned it to click... to no avail. Any advice? Is there something specific in the exporting from Garageband, or the importing into MS3 that I am missing?

Screen_Shot_2014-11-12_at_10.47.01_PM.png

tsho08

over 6 years ago

The markers from the newer versions of garageband don't seem to work. It use to work on the older ones but since they switched to 10+ I haven't seen it work. There is a way to add them manually in MS3 which is annoying but might be your only choice.
samuelhodgett

over 6 years ago

Travis, bummer... I was hoping to be able to take advantage of MS3 w/o having to purchase another software yet... Any idea how to add the Markers within MS3? I'll look on Youtube.
tsho08

over 6 years ago

I don't off hand, I do all my markers in logic pro X every time so I haven't tried. I just heard people talking about how it's possible to do because they thought it was amazing when I said you could import markers from logic lol
tsho08

over 6 years ago

People had this conversation before. http://loopcommunity.com/blocks/software/garageband/garageband-1001-export-caf One of the guys actually contacted apple and found out it's not possible.
samuelhodgett

over 6 years ago

I figured it out. In Playback, you right-click in the timeline area above the file, and there's an option to add a marker. Actually, probably a bit easier of a process than what was in Garageband anyways. Thanks!
tsho08

over 6 years ago

haha fair enough. Yeah in Logic you right click in the marker area add a marker and name it then it exports with the file when you bounce as .caf files. Glad it worked out.
BELIEVINGmusic

over 5 years ago

I know this is an old topic - but I, too, don't have the budget to purchase $200 Logic Pro. One thing that does work is Adobe Audition. I know it is also not cheap, but some of you may already have access to it through Adobe CC. It just so happens that my day job requires Adobe CC for graphic work. Never really used Audition for more than simple audio editing - but knew it was there. Just so happens you can add markers that are visible in Mainstage - not sure that the tempo came over - still working on it... Also - markers don't seem to be visible in LC PRIME - but I think that is a different ball of wax. Hopefully this helps some other noobs trying to modify their stems to fit their church's needs.