Metronome channel spillover

Ableton

OttyMezin

about 4 years ago (edited)

I usually use my MacBook to run Ableton with Cues & Metronome on Output 1 (Left out) and Loops and other stuff on Output 2 (Right out). I don't use an external audio interface, so I go out my Mac with a Y-Jack cable intro a stereo D.I. which leads to the mixer. Everything works great like this so far. I tried the same setup with a sort of ultrabook and I get metronome on the Right channel when I play it. Everything is set exactly the same, but apparently there's some sort of spillover between the two channels. Is it the ultrabook's fault? Do you thing this could be solved by using an external audio interface (like a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for example)? Thanks!
JansonRoberts

about 4 years ago

Otty, I would first check with a pair of stereo headphones to see if there's an issue with either the port or the cables you're using. If it sounds like that is working fine, then move on to DAW setup. I'm assuming you're using Ableton Live on that ultrabook? Also, what exact cable are you using?
OttyMezin

about 4 years ago

SOLVED! Thank you for the response! It seems it was just a Windows Driver issue that got solved with a simple update.
JansonRoberts

about 4 years ago

Awesome!