MIDI controller and Ableton Problem

Ableton

hrmancha20

almost 10 years ago (edited)

Last night I was running loops using my AKAI LPK25 have never have had any problems with it at all, when I went to cue the next song ableton wasn't getting the midi signal? I unplugged the controller and plugged it back in and it was working again, the next song the same thing happened, this kept occuring the whole night. Wondering if anyone has any advice or help with this? Thanks
mike

Running off your laptop I presume?  OSX or Windows?

hrmancha20

yes running from my macbook
mike

I've encountered problems where running in power-savings mode or even with just the power unplugged, the machine will power down USB devices to save power.

Were you plugged in?

hrmancha20

you know what now that you mention I did have my laptop unplugged because I was taking it off stage to change the sets, and was unplugged while running the loops. That could of been the problem
hrmancha20

I will test it out and see if that was it, thanks for the advice I appreciate it.
mattmccoy

This can be an insufficient power problem. Make sure you are using the correct adaptor and that computer is getting enough Power. 

MIDI can be CRAZY sometimes, so when I run into problems like that - a simple reboot and unplug / replug all the cables usually fixes the problem. 

scoottie

over 9 years ago (edited)

this happens to me sometimes when im requiring too much bus power. if I have a USB hub and I'm trying to connect too many devices, one will turn off or work incorrectly. had to buy a powered USB hub.