Midi Cues Connections via USB?

Prime App

ajhochy

12 months ago

Hey fam. I'm trying have have prime send midi cues to my HX Stomp guitar rig and got it all set up on my laptop. Works great.

Problem is that I usually run out services from my iPad, and when I connect my iPad to my HX Stop Via USB it does not show up in the MIDI cues connections menu.

Are midi cues via usb not available on the mobile app? what am I doing wrong?

mattslack

11 months ago

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to test this functionality with Prime and can't confirm or deny the reliability of that setup. There may be some limitation with iOS devices sending midi to helix in this manor. We will look into this in the meantime!

ajhochy

11 months ago

alright thanks. Running it off my laptop in the meantime... I might just stick with the laptop setup from now on anyway. Way faster response!

kidAmazed

9 months ago

Am I hearing you correctly? Is it actually possible to control my helix with Prime-cues? This would be revolutionary. No more tap-dancing whatsoever!

mattslack

9 months ago

At this time, it's possible on to control Helix with Prime on Mac but not yet with the iOS version.

kidAmazed

25 days ago

Wow, that's amazing. I do need the iOS implementation though. Is this being worked on?

ps. I'll look into my notification-settings so I can communicate faster, sorry.

mattslack

24 days ago

At this time, with iOS, you will need to use a wireless midi connection to connect your Prime app to any other device. If you are wanting to use a wired midi connection via USB for Midi Out, you can do this with Prime for Mac, but not on iOS for the time being. Hopefully this is something we can bring in the near future though. Thanks for your patience!

kidAmazed

20 days ago

So, this is interesting. Consider this set-up:

MacBook Pro to Sound Interface (SI) via USB. Is it possible to use midi-output from SI to a Helix and a Kemper for instance (i.e. to daisy chain several units with midi, sending cues for each unit on different channels)? This is a very common solution on most SI hardware (with midi-in and midi-out/through) and would be truly exceptional if possible together with Prime.

mattslack

20 days ago

It may be possible on Mac, Although we have not tested this setup. However, at this time, there is no way to send midi cues over a wired connection via USB on iOS. Hopefully we can incorporate this in the future. If your interface is midi capable, then it may show up on Mac under "Midi Cues Connections". If so, then I'd try testing your setup, although we haven't done this ourselves and cont confirm its functionality. Let us know what you find!

kidAmazed

19 days ago (edited)

This is exciting. I will try this setup and see how it turns out.

If you would fix these things you could, with proper marketing, revolutionize the industry - not just worship music. You might also have to add midi outlets on your trackrig (if I should buy your complete solution) since I think it gives a better performance than USB.

As I said, you would be the obvious option for everyone. I'm an engineer and a system developer and musician for 20+ years, so that's why I get excited about this kind of development.

You're doing a great job. Keep it up!

kidAmazed

10 days ago

Hi there,

I'm interested in sending cues from Prime to my Helix. Can I ask you, did you send via midi or USB? I would like to send midi if possible.

mattslack

9 days ago

We've only tested this via USB between Mac and Helix. Unless you have a midi interface that connects the two devices, we recommend using the USB option.