MIDI note Velocity

Ableton

kferris

almost 7 years ago (edited)

IS there a way to dial in an exact value instead of sliding the it horizontally? Sure enough...the figure I need is nearly impossible without spending lots of time. I tried highlighting the velocity and typing in a value......no dice. Help please
mrdister

almost 7 years ago

You can put a MIDI effect on it to set the MIDI note value to fixed at a certain number in Ableton
kferris

almost 7 years ago

cool..i'll give it a shot.... i'm assuming I move the midi effect after i have set the value? One more question maybe you can assist me with. I am lining up a midi clip with my track in performance view.... when I export my tracks as individual Wav files and insert them into my template...My midi files isn't lining up with the Track. I'm making sure it's the same length as the other tracks and I consolidate the Midi clips together before I export. (I'm right clicking the midi clip and choosing "Export Midi clip" This is to line up my midi cues for Pro Presenter... i then have spend an hour oi so lining up all the individual midi notes up.....please tell me I'm doing something wrong ...this can;t be the norm. When I had them all set in their own set they line up perfectly.
mrdister

almost 7 years ago

To the first question, yep you can set the maximum MIDI velocity. To the second question, the only way I could imagine that happening is if you are exporting to MP3 since that will add a small amount of silence to the start of tracks that would throw it off. Outside of that, I have no idea. Sorry I can't be of any more help.
kferris

almost 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure i'm exporting as . wav.... i'll double check my settings. Thank you
kferris

almost 7 years ago

I've been unsuccessful with any type of Midi effect altering MIDI velocity. I'm hoping there is a way to input a note within a large Midi clip and quickly assign a value to it..... usually it's 1-35. All are the same note......just different velocities. I'm using a cheap Logitech mouse with a scroll wheel.... Any one with an apple mouse have the ability to dial in velocity ? By doing this would save me GOBS of time.