Mixed Meter Tracks

Ableton

hubacca

over 4 years ago (edited)

I asked this a while ago, but never got any response. There are several songs that I play using prime which have a random 2/4 bar interjected into an otherwise 4/4 song such as Kristian Stanfill's song "My Heart Is Yours" at the end of the chorus. I have made my own click tracks which I have modified to accommodate for this, but when you're arranging the markers within the Prime app, you cannot change the section other than every 4 bars which makes the vocal cues no longer line up and does not allow me to loop a section on the fly as the app usually does so well. I don't even see an option when uploading a track into prime to set the entire song as 2/4. The only options are 6/8, 4/4, 3/4, 5/4, 7/8. Is this an update that can be made in the future to the app? Is there just something I'm missing?
JansonRoberts

about 4 years ago

Hey Stephen! Apologies that the previous post went unanswered. We're glad you're persistent to allow us to be better in serving the community! For now, we're working on an update for PRIME that will specifically enable users to upload songs that have meter and tempo changes without leaving the app. We appreciate your patience and thanks for checking in!
Bannockburn

11 months ago

how are we doing on this?

mattslack

11 months ago

Although you can't mark tempo changes mid song, we do have additional time signatures available for uploads, including 2/4. This will give you more flixibility when adding section marekrs to uploaded tracks. If there is a specific issue you are having, send us an email at support@loopcommunity.com and we'll help you out!

WorshipGFC

4 months ago

O How I Need You by All Sons and Daughters. It starts in 6/8 and then goes to 4/4

brookhillsworship

about 4 years ago

That would be a huge help!