Multi out compatibility

Prime App

princefoxcloud

about 3 years ago (edited)

Hey! I wasn't able to be apart of the forum yesterday so I have a few questions that may have already been answered. What interfaces will be compatible with multi out? If the interface has midi (I.E. Iconnect) will that also work with Prime? Thanks!
DanyeWeast

almost 3 years ago

Hey Matt! I've been using LoopCommunity as a resource tons lately, and have been loving your Ableton tutorial stuff as well :) Anyway, I have a question: I want to use my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 with PRIME on our iPad Air 2. Is that doable, or should we just stick to sending our loops (panned left and right) through a stereo cable from the headphone jack?..

image1.JPG

princefoxcloud

almost 3 years ago

Dane, From what I understand you should be able to use your focusrite with prime. You will just need a lightning to usb camera adapter. I would recommend getting the more expensive version because it will also charge your iPad while using it with your focusrite/PRIME. http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter?afid=p238%7CsUT3HWa3h-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_52243316890_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid--product-MK0W2AM/A
DanyeWeast

almost 3 years ago

Thanks, Jesse! I was literally just looking at the Apple adapter for that XD

Screen_Shot_2016-12-14_at_12.26.54_PM.png

princefoxcloud

almost 3 years ago

Dane, Just to warn you, the screenshot of the adapter you just posted does not have the extra lightning port so you can charge your iPad. You have to look for the $39 version. The link I posted is the adapter with the extra charging port.
princefoxcloud

almost 3 years ago

Heres a screenshot.

Screen_Shot_2016-12-14_at_11.51.13_AM.png

joshlbaker

over 2 years ago

Can I select outputs if I'm only using the headphone jack? I normally create my own click tracks and I have 2 channels. 1 of them is an accent channel. I can't seem to select if I want a blue tab to go L or R.
mattmccoy

over 2 years ago

No, you can only select outputs if you're using an interface.
pmazariegos89

10 months ago

why does prime shut down when using focusrite on an apple lap top?