Multiple songs with loops

Ableton

Bassemn

over 3 years ago (edited)

I am a beginner using ableton. I recorded many songs backgrounds each one has a loop . I need to find a way I can combine these songs together do they can be played without a stop, but at the same I need to keep the loop in each song. Can this be done in Ableton? If not do you recommend another softwares. I appreciate any help
deweb

over 3 years ago

Hi Bassem, I have had a lot of success doing what you're talking about using Arrangement View in Ableton Live. I can sequence all the songs in my set, including whatever pauses, transitions, etc. that I want, including setting one song to go right into the next one. I make an arrangement file for every song we do, with tempo, time signature changes, cues, etc. Then each week, all I have to do is pull each individual song arrangement into my set list arrangement, and all the tempo/etc. info is retained in the new file. I know this sounds confusing, but don't worry, it was confusing to me too at first! I found this series of youtube videos extremely useful when I was getting started. I copied this guy's setup and then tweaked it to something that works great for me. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnirYR-cW890Es2RbzsEYXoqbp3z8cym5 I wish you the best as you figure out what works for you!
Bassemn

over 3 years ago

Thank you Adam for the quick response. I am going to watch the videos you recommended. My main question is, are you able to keep the loops in each song in arrangement view? When I am in arrangement view, ableton will only let me keep 1 loop in the first song I add, the other loops in other songs will disappear . Please let me know if you think it is possible to keep the loop in each song in arrangement view
deweb

over 3 years ago

Here's an example of what my set looks like in arrangement view. I build each song's arrangement file in a template I made, so that they all have the same formatting: click, tempo, stop (set up to a midi trigger to stop wherever i put it, just in case something goes wrong and i don't want to go to the next song), cues, and the original track, followed by my loops for each song below. I can add or subtract space for transitions between songs, including big spaces for free-flow worship times. And I can have as many tracks as I want. Depending on which version of Ableton Live you have, you may be limited to 8 tracks (Intro version), so you'd have to get creative with how you drag in your tracks. My whole mess will make more sense once you've watched the videos, though. ;)

Screen_Shot_2016-11-15_at_5.29.29_PM.png

NordoftheRings

over 1 year ago

Had to create an account just to reply to this tread. The link Adam shared is to a series of videos done by my Ableton instructor back in 2010/2011! Super guy as well as Ableton wizard. I also needed the link. Haven't used Ableton in this capacity in a while so I'll be watching through as well! ty
deweb

over 1 year ago

In related news, ever since Loop Community Prime's update with transitions and now crossfade-on-demand, we have migrated to using Prime in our services. I use Ableton now just for creating/editing loops. Prime to run them, because of learning curve for volunteers, logistics when I'm not there, etc.
Jiangm

15 days ago

For me, I often use an easy-to-use joining tool called Joyoshare Video Joiner to combine songs or movie clips. It can batch audio/video files seamlessly and losslessly. Maybe you can try it to combine your recorded songs.