Producing Tracks

New Contributor Here

Producing Tracks

natesousa

almost 8 years ago (edited)

Hey guys, just joined Loop Community not too long ago, and I've got a ton of loops/multitracks I'd love to contribute :) I sent a few in, but am not sure how long that usually takes. Do I get an email saying they've been received and uploaded? Do Mulitrack stems have to be .WAVs? Or are MP3s okay too? Love the site so far, amazing resources here!! All the best, Nate
mrdister

almost 8 years ago (edited)

Hey Nate, Several factors determine how long a loop upload might take. Sometimes there will be a ton of submissions at once so it will take longer to get to. Other times, LC has to wait on the licensing to clear for the song to be allowed to post the loop online. You should get an email when someone first starts processing your loop and then when it gets sent to the Licensing team. Finally, when it is online, you will get confirmation email. All submissions should be in WAVs instead of MP3 with each separate instrument as its own WAV file. Make sure to include one click track and one vocal cues track too. So, you would end up submitting a zip file that contains something like the below. You can also just upload an entire project file (Ableton Project, Logic Project, etc.) click.wav cues.wav rhodes.wav tremolosynth.wav percussion.wav etc. Kyle
grimrocker

over 7 years ago

Hey Kyle, what is the preferred method of uploading loops? I have Logic Pro X and Ableton. I typically use Logic to build them and Ableton to play them. Thanks, Joe
tsho08

over 7 years ago

best way is to make sure all your beginnings and ends are the same then bounce all of the tracks individually and put them in one folder and zip it up. The reason that way is the best is because then anyone can pick up the stems and process your loop. If you do just logic it'll have to go to me probably and then if I have a lot of logic files it might take a little while where as if you do stems and a ableton guy is free they can import and get it done quicker for you. Also don't foret to use the click and cues given to you by loop community. If you use any other ones we have to redo all your click and cue tracks, just makes it a little longer for your track to get posted. hope that helps!
mrdister

over 7 years ago

+1
grimrocker

over 7 years ago

Thanks guys! Huge Help!