Number is Multitracks in Live

Ableton

jfriedman93n3h

over 5 years ago (edited)

I saw on Abelton's website that you should limit yourself to eight tracks in a scene. On some of the LC tutorials 8 see more than eights tracks in some scenes. Is it ok to use more than eight, has anyone had problems with this? To give an example if I have a song that has several guitar parts in my Logic 9 project should I bounce my four or five guitar tracks out as one WAV files or should I bounce them each individually and make each one its own separate track. Which will sound better and which is more practical?
dspille

over 5 years ago

It really depends on what your system can handle. If the clips are located on an SSD, you should be able to do considerably more than eight. I've have been able to run 16+ tracks on my macbook pro in addition to slaving Reason for my keyboard samples with no issues whatsoever.
ibanez1998

over 5 years ago

Wow Dennis! You just described my setup to a "T"!!! I just bought a MacBook Pro 2015 retina, run Ableton Live with Reason slaved for my Keyboard, Which happens to be a Nektar Panorama. You?
dspille

over 5 years ago

Cool! I'm running a mid-2012 Macbook Pro with 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD & 1TB HD (I removed the optical drive). I'm also playing around with running Mainstage with Ableton using IAC driver & Soundflower. I have some of Ian McIntosh & Peter James' Mainstage patches that I've been experimenting with.
ibanez1998

over 5 years ago

HAHAHAHA!!! I just installed Mainstage for the first time last week. Haven't used it yet as I don't see any rewire or anything there. So I need IAC Driver and Soundflower. Interesting. Never heard of those.
dspille

over 5 years ago

Here's how you do it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHsbaMAKDe8 It's definitely a hack but it seems to be solid.
LoopGospel

over 5 years ago

Here's a way to do it in mainstage via rewire https://youtu.be/ZmGTavexiHY
dspille

over 5 years ago

Thanks. I have watched that before... great tutorial, but I'm not interested in slaving Ableton to Mainstage. I want Ableton to be the master.
LoopGospel

over 5 years ago

Yea that's becoming more common