Pads, mapping and sounds

Ableton

galenrea

about 5 years ago (edited)

HI All, My wife and I lead worship at our Church in St Louis, and we are entering the 21st century with Ableton and a novation launchkey. My question is simple, and may even be the wrong question based on my limited understanding of ableton, but as it stands, to get our feet wet I want to have a pad sound in every key (which I have) set each one as a different scene or song, and have a different launchkey sound assigned to that scene. So for example if we are doing a song in C that I know I want bells in the intro for, I run the C pad scene, and within that scene the launchkey keyboard sound automatically changes to bells. Next song is in D, switch the scene to the D pad, and not based on my preset assignments the launchkey now no longer plays bells but rather and organ sound. I hope that makes sense and someone can help me. Thank you all and God bless! Best,

IMG_1827.PNG

galenrea

about 5 years ago

Anybody? I can set up each pad to a scene, but how do I assign a launchkey sound to that scene?
jape2116

almost 5 years ago

So you have the launchkey pads at the top of the controller launching your pad scenes right? And you want the the keyboard keys to play bell sounds?
galenrea

almost 5 years ago

Jeremy, Maybe I over complicated my question, let me start again. I have the pad sound part figured out. Can I assign a different keyboard sound to each scene? If so, how? Best,
jape2116

almost 5 years ago

I haven't messed with ableton lately but you may be able to try this:. Assign the scene launches(with the synth pads) to 12 of your launchpad pads. Then with your instruments loaded up that you want to switch between, assign the remaining pads on your launchkey to the "record" button for each channel. That way you could select a synth pad and then select instruments separately.