Pads for transition in Ableton using Softstep 2

Ableton

rabalach

almost 5 years ago (edited)

I'm wondering how I can use pads to assist with transitions between songs. I'm wanting to be able to let a pad play under our band for the entirety of a song while playing the loops along side of it. I can't figure out how to get the pad to keep playing once I cue a different scene in Ableton. There's an annoying dip in volume for the seconds when a new scene is cued. Is there a way to keep the pad playing nonstop even when the scene changes? Currently I have the pad track added next to each scene so it just keeps going. I would love to do this without running an additional program.
JansonRoberts

almost 5 years ago

Hey Rich, Have you ever considering running tracks via Arrangement View instead of Session View? You could set it up where the tracks would overlap each other and set a master click in Ableton to change tempos with song locaters. We have a couple training vids on how to do this in Ableton Live. Check out our Youtube training video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIBfrvVU-gg - Janson
deweb

almost 5 years ago

I highly recommend Arrangement View for this very reason, among others. I assign the triggers on my looptimus to "forward," "play," and "back," instead of each trigger firing a scene. Then I put a pad in anywhere I need it, for longer than I think I will need it. When we are done with the talking/transition, I click the "next: trigger to cue the next song. You can build in as much or as little flexibility as you want. It's very helpful.
JansonRoberts

almost 5 years ago

That's great, Adam! Smart move!