Logic & MainStage

Playback plugin not playing backing stems to finish at 48kHz

Logic & MainStage

wildman4jc

over 5 years ago

I have been using Playback plugin to run multitrack backing stems to play along with our band at church. We switched to a new sound board (Allen & Heath iLive) and then have recently started using a Dante soundcard so my sound guy could have individual control of each stem. All backing stems are sent through cat 5 which is great as it eliminates cables and DIs. Since the console sample rate is 48kHz, we noticed that the backing stems played at different speed and pitch. I then changed Mainstage sample rate to 48kHz from 44.1kHz. This fixed the speed and pitch problem but created another problem. My backing stems will not play all the way to the end anymore. Everything I have tried to do to fix it or figure it out has failed. My backing stems begin to mute out randomly and eventually go silent while the clock is still ticking. Can anyone help with this? • Being able to play the tracks at 44.1kHz is with out incident. • Playing stems at 48kHz fails no matter what interface or soundcard is used. • All tracks are prepared in Logic Pro X and exported as CAF files. • I am using a MacBook Pro 13, El Capitan 10.11.03, Mainstage 3.0, Logic Pro X Thanks!