POD X3 LIve as a midi controller with Ableton

Ableton

james.harvey.9081

about 6 years ago (edited)

I am just starting to work with Ableton Live and plan to use it with multi-tracks. I have also started to look for a midi foot controller as I would be launching scenes while playing acoustic guitar. I currently have a Line 6 POD X3 Live multieffects pedal board that I really do not use much since I primarily play acoustic. Since it does have midi capabilitys, as I understand, I am wondering if I can use this pedal board as my midi foot controller with Ableton. Anyone out there done this?
nlsn

about 6 years ago

This is a video on configuring a line 6 pod... although it's not your model. Still, there may be some commonality enough with your situation to do you some help... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDYYtfhKCLw
JansonRoberts

about 6 years ago

Hey James, Ableton is able to receive MIDI notes from a pedal/controller that can send those MIDI notes. You can assign MIDI notes to the controller by selecting "MIDI" in the upper right-hand corner of Ableton Live, then clicking on what notes you'd like to assign and pressing the button on the controller you'd like to map the MIDI note to. Hope this helps. I used a Pod X3 Live for a long time (So sad they discontinued that pedalboard!) with my electric guitar, but I never tried to map MIDI notes with it. I'm pretty sure because it has MIDI capabilities, this should work fine. Let us know if you can't get it to work for whatever reason. - Janson