Logic & MainStage

Possible Mainstage 3 bugs

Logic & MainStage

jfriedman93n3h

about 6 years ago (edited)

Hello, I just started using Mainstage 3 and I am having some issues. I am dragging the audio files I created in Mainstage 3 no problem, (I am using the 8 tracks playback template). I sync all of my tracks in the playback plugin setting, put them all on the same group, etc. THe problem is that the program is very unstable when I use this playback function. It adds a random kick drum note that is not on my audio file every time in the same place. When I click the count in button sometimes I get a four beat count in sometimes I get three beats, etc. Sometimes my playback gets choppy or distorted for a second or two. In general it seems that there are several random issues that just make this program unstable and I don't trust it for live performance yet. Has anyone else had these issues? I installed Mainstage 3 on a friend's MacBook Pro as well and we found the same issues. Should I try to see if Mainstage 3 is more stable by installing Mavericks? I have Apple support working on this for me but they do not have a solution for me yet. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks! MainStage, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)
mrdister

about 6 years ago

I would try adjusting your buffer size/latency in MS to see if your computer just doesn't have the processing power to calculate and play everything with your latency settings.
jfriedman93n3h

about 6 years ago

Thanks Kyle, another Mainstage question.I just downloaded the LC Mainstage template and I created a count in button. The first time I used it it would give me a four beat count in and then stop. Now it just keeps going. Is there something else I have to do in the mapping, why does it continue after four beats? Thanks, Jon
mrdister

about 6 years ago

So one of the assignments to that button (in Edit mode) should be a "Metronome" assignment. Make sure that it is set to use "momentary." That means that you have to hold the button down (or whatever midi button you're using) during all four beats of the count-in. Once you let go of the button, it should then stop playing the metronome but keep playing the tracks.
jfriedman93n3h

about 6 years ago

Thanks Kyle, will try that.
jfriedman93n3h

about 6 years ago

Thanks again Kyle, Now that O think about it what I really want is to have a fourbeatcount in without having to hold down my mouse to do do that. In the "8 playback track" template in Mainstage 3 when I click the count in button and click the main playback button it automatically gives me a four beat count in. The problem I am having is when I click the count in button and hit space bar to play the metronome keeps going and doesn't stop after four beats. Is here anyway I can have this four beat count in by hitting space bar without having the metronome continue after four beats? Thanks!
Chebick

over 5 years ago

Hello friends! I've been using mainstage for a while and recently I have come up with this problem when I start playing my playbacks from the beginning to the end I find that some tracks stop earlier then other so I may not get played Ourto to the end or even on the last Chorus completely ... On the one of my patches I found that some tracks don't have all the markers and I thought that was the problem but on the other patch every track had all markers but still the same problem - Outro wasn't played to the end , one by one tracks kind of fade and then stop , while the track is still going but no sound can you help me with that? have anyone had this problem?
jfriedman93n3h

over 5 years ago

When the tracks that had the markers were producing the same problem were the tracks without markers still playing in the same project? Perhaps take the tracks without the markers out of the project and see if the tracks with markers play in their entirety. Best, Jon
Chebick

over 5 years ago

Thanks Johnathan for asking, the fact is playback plays all tracks entirely( to the end ) if I play it it from middle or closer to end but if I play from start some track drop though the track is moving but without sound((
Chebick

over 5 years ago

I've re-exported the track that use to drop (Wake by y&f) and didn't sync it so it played from start to the end without any dropping
Chebick

over 5 years ago

All my tracks have markers