Prime, Looptimus, and Mac

Prime App

saxman1102

about 6 years ago (edited)

Ok everybody, I am new to Prime and Looptimus, but not new to the concept. At this point I am managing clicks/tracks/pads using Logic Pro X on an iMac in our booth and controlling it from platform with the Logic Remote on my iPad. I have a couple of questions: 1-Should I just keep my set up and integrate the Looptimus to control clicks/tracks/pads from platform through Logic (or is it even possible using remote)? 2-Can you control/download Prime to a Mac (in a tech booth) and control it with Looptimus from the platform? I have the Prime program now on my iPad/iPhone but would rather use the iMac since it a bit more reliable.
mattmccoy

over 3 years ago

PRIME for Mac is now available! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/prime-multitrack-app/id1289813088?mt=12
chrinist

over 3 years ago

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! I downloaded the Prime App for Mac just as soon as I got the email about 5 min ago...I cannot wait to use this in conjunction with MainStage now for church. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!
chrinist

over 3 years ago

OK, so I found one issue I was hoping that could be addressed...on my Mac, I have to input my username and password every time I open up the Prime app. Is there a way to have an automatic login like the iPad version? Thanks,
mattmccoy

over 3 years ago

Hey Derrick, it should keep you logged in. Works fine on my computer. It's possible you didn't give it access to your Apple Keychain.
chrinist

over 3 years ago

HI Matt, so I went ahead and opened up Apple Keychain and deleted the keychain password for the Prime app so I could get a fresh start. I then re-logged back into the Prime app and re entered my credentials and logged in. After this, I closed the app back down and then re-opened it up again. It asked for the password and username again. I am running a 2016 MacBook Pro on High Sierra 10.13.1 I am not sure if this could possibly be the issue.
chrinist

over 3 years ago

Who would I contact for bug reports and suggestions for this app? I really love this app on the Mac. I am excited. I have 1 suggestion and 1 bug issue that I came across: Bug issue: I imported some drums to help keep a tempo for the song and to make it sound more realistic instead of listening to a click track (I don't like metronomes lol) The drums got imported ok and sounded great. After playing with the song for a little bit, the drums have disappeared and the click track is playing instead now. I did place the drums sounds under Click when I did the import so I'm pretty sure thats where the mistake happened. The drums did work for a little bit then it stopped working. Next time I will simply import the drums into the Drums category and mute the click track. This should solve the issue. Suggestion for improvement: When I create markers for my song, it just shows the lines that represent the quarter beats and then every 4th line is a little thicker to represent a new measure...This is good. Could there be a way to also show the measure numbers maybe on top of these lines or underneath that way we can see very easily see which measure I am currently working with? The reason for this is when I am working on Logic Pro X, I can see very quickly what measure my markers are at for any given verse, chorus, or bridge. I could then simply see what measure it is and then just move to that measure on the song that is imported into prime so that making the exact sections would be easier. As it is right now, I kind of have to guess where I think a section starts and ends and then I have to listen to it to make sure I got the markers in the correct place. Anyways, these are the only two things I can see right now. Great Job, Super excited about future updates and the progress that is being made here!
mattmccoy

over 3 years ago

When you add markers, a click is generated dynamically. You would need to disable this in Settings.
Hillsboro_Worship

over 3 years ago

Hey guys at Loop Community, I have an older mac that I would love to use the prime mac app on. I can't update to the 10.12 version of OS X. Is there a version release before version 1.1, or am I out of luck?