Prime Audio Not Split Out

Prime App

mountaindrew81

about 6 years ago (edited)

Hey guys! Trying to isolate a problem with my iPad and Prime. The audio seems to be intermittently not getting split out to Left and Right. Had the dreaded Click & Cues sneak into the house mix on Sunday after everything worked fine in soundcheck. So far the solution is unplugging the audio cable and plugging back in. But it is hit or miss and gives no warning as to when it will send everything on both sides as to being split. Wondering if it is just my iPad or has anyone else had this happen. Both iPad and Prime app are up to date. Thanks for your help! A.
mattmccoy

over 3 years ago

Ben - what do you mean when you say PRIME is only sending to the Left? Have you tried pressing the Stereo / Pan button?
benkosharek

over 3 years ago

Yo. I have tried pressing stereo and pan and nothing changes. I only get audio out the left (clicks/cues). No signal on the right, which through the pan setting is sending tracks to the board. I know I need to upgrade to laptop, but we're just not there yet.
mattmccoy

over 3 years ago

If you plug in a pair of headphones, can you hear the right side? If so, then the problem is with your cables or soundboard, not PRIME.
benkosharek

over 3 years ago

Wow. Solved. Sorry for the assumptions. I tested an alternate track, and everything works. It's the track. Something is wrong with it. My fault. Sorry!