Prime for Android

Prime App

codynpatterson

over 7 years ago (edited)

Are you planning to port Prime to Android eventually? I use an iPad for sheet music and it is my preferred tablet of choice for sheet music... but I'd love to be able to use my android tablets for prime since they aren't in use. This Sunday I had to go ipadles with my sheet music so that we could use it for prime and give it to the drummer... just wondering :).
RussParrish

over 1 year ago

Hey yall! Any news on the possibility of a Prime app for Android? Reason I ask is because now that I'm sharing setlists with my team, I'm finding that there is a small percentage that can't access it becasue they are android users. I'd love for them to be able to use it to practice before reheasal. Thanks!

mattslack

over 1 year ago

Hey there, Although there aren't plans to develop Prime on Android or PC devices, we hope to be able to offer this someday. We appreciate your patience as we continue to refine the app on iOS and Mac devices!

PBR_300

5 months ago

It creates alot of extra work for teams who arent all iOS, which is very common. I wish LC would make this a priority. It's been an ongoing request for coming up on a decade lol.

Ricks2006

about 2 months ago

It's very arrogant that developers and executives are keeping prime app from coming to Android or pc.. I don't want to be that guy, but eventually someone else will come and offer a multiplatfom service and better all experience.

Hodged02

6 months ago

I have to say that to see this post from 7 yeas ago asking for an android app and 11 months ago still being told "we hope to be able to offer this someday" is very poor, looking at the maket share of tablets and phones android outweighs apple by a huge margin. Looking at phones, Samsung has a 23% market share vs Apples 12.4% in Quater3 of 2020 leaving Apple in 4th place behind Samsung, Huawei and Xiaomi. if you then look at the tablet market, Apple are the maket leader with 29.2% market share but looking at just the 2nd and 3 place Samsung and Amazon the have 31.2% share between them, this is a huge amount of customer base you are missing out on. I have heard in my many years as an IT engineer that android is to fragmented to reliably create a stable app, unlike apple, thats just an excuse as in the play store and Amazon app store (now Huawei store too) you can set minimum specs required so using the Amazon fire as a base for example you could easily create a stable and reliable app. An example of this is the DMX lights i use in my church uses a Chamsys QuickQ 20 desk, they have both Apple and Android apps and the tablet i use is my 2015 Amazon Fire HD10 this is based on android 5.1 so is now an old system but still works perfectly.

Sorry for the rant but please relese and android app soon

Links for the sites I used for data

https://www.canalys.com/newsroom/canalys-worldwide-smartphone-market-q3-2020

idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS46973520

mattslack

6 months ago (edited)

Thanks so much for the information! I'll be sure to pass this along to our development team. In our experience both in worship and in music in general, our market largely uses Apple prooducts which is why we are focusing on that for the time being. We do understand that many out there are using PC and Android as well, so hopefully soon we will have the ability to branch out into those areas. Thanks so much for your patience with this!

Lorrie1a

5 months ago

But your experience is as a Mac developer

ashleymcginn1

5 months ago

Nothing like opening the market for more customers... there are some of us diehard android users that would appreciate the support.

fellowshipdubai

5 months ago

I must say it's disappointing that there is still not a version of prime available on Android. Many of my team would like to use prime to practise along to howeve many of them are low income earners who don't have apple products due to their price point. It would be so good to have it on android so that non-apple users can access to this too. In this day and age it's unacceptable to have an app that's not available on both platforms

mattslack

5 months ago

We appreciate the feedback and will continue to take this into account as we move forward! Hopefully we can have an option soon that is accessbile to both platforms alike. Thank you for your patience!

PBR_300

5 months ago

The fact that this is only Mac/iOS based drives me nuts. I love LC's product and them as a company, this is low hanging fruit. Would make my life so much easier.

PBR_300

5 months ago

Can you provide a reason why you dont want to invest in offering this to current and future customers? The template answer only adds to frustration and making us feel like you arent seriously listening to customer feedback.

mattslack

5 months ago

We would love to be able to do this. In fact, our vision as a company is to innovate and provide resources for any worship leader looking to grow their ministry in this way. Developing the app on Android and PC will take signifant development, and with other features and needs that require immediate attention on iOS and Mac platforms, that development remains a long term goal. We appreciate your patience with all of this!