Prime Mac Dante

Prime App

sbruce

over 2 years ago (edited)

When outputting my loop community through dante stereo the audio flawlessly gets to our board with no clicks or pops and everything is time. However when I switch over to a multi-channel output for dante there is clicking and popping that I cannot get rid of no matter what settings I use. Is this a known bug? I know its not my dante network because I can output everything else on my computer through my dante via card without issue.
sbruce

over 2 years ago

Actually edit. I can only get it to work in stereo dante mode when it first loads up. If i Switch off of it to 16 channel and then back to stern mode, stereo mode will have the same clicking and popping issue
JansonRoberts

over 2 years ago

Hey Steven! Hm...it could be an issue when switching that allows for the audio issues in PRIME. We can look further into this, but just out of curiosity, why the need to change from stereo over to 16-channel and back to stereo?
sbruce

over 2 years ago

I want to run it in 16 channel mode. I was just saying when the program starts up it defaults to dante stereo. When it defaults to the stereo mode upon opening it provides a clean dante signal. When I switch to dante 16 channel it starts getting pops and clicks, then even if I switch back to stereo mode the clicks are there until I restart the program and it pop back to dante stereo default. I don't need to switch back and forth I was just trouble shooting. Is that a clearer explanation?
JansonRoberts

over 2 years ago

Hey Steven! Yep, that makes sense. We'll have to look into this, but we're not really sure what could be causing the issue. Thanks for letting us know!
mscmusic

over 2 years ago

I have been using Dante and MBP and have had no issues switching back and forth. Dante VIA is what I am using on the laptop and just route in Controller. Sounds like symptoms of a possible clock sync issue, but not sure why that would be happening. Could you take screen shots of your Clock Status in Dante Controller each time you switch?
KHelbig

7 days ago (edited)

I have the same issue which I need resolved. I am trying to send multichanel audio from macbook via Dante to Allen and Heath console. All other audio sends fine from th macbok to console over Dante, but prime has clicks and distortion and is unusable. I cannot resolve this problem. Has this issue been fixed yet? Please help.

Derkerr

7 days ago

The first thing to make sure is that your Dante is accepting audio at 44.1kHz. Prime sends the audio at 44.1kHz because of Apple's app restrictions. If this does not resolve it, please email us at support@loopcommunity.com and our team can look into this further.

Thanks!