Prime Not Connecting To Internet

Prime App

ky

about 6 years ago (edited)

Hey LC, When I try to add songs in Prime I get a notice saying "Internet Offline: Failed to get data. Please connect to the internet and try again." My iPad is connected to the internet and I can browse normally. I can't add songs, which I have added via "MyPrime" in my settings. Can someone help? Thanks, Kyle
mattmccoy

almost 6 years ago

Yes - this feature is currently in Beta and we are trying to work out all the kinks. It's a pretty complicated process.
slsedona

almost 6 years ago

Thx for the quick response! I'm excited to give it a shot ;-)
Clinton_RV

almost 6 years ago

Hi, Guys I have been using Prime for a few months. Last night I tied to add a new song that I purchased via LoopCommunity, but was unable to see the new item in the add song window. I tried to log out as suggested in this thread, but the app does not log out. Do you have any suggestions besides uninstalling and re-installing, as that will, reluctantly be my next step?
mattmccoy

almost 6 years ago

Hey Clinton, what device do you have?
Clinton_RV

almost 6 years ago

Hi, Matt Thanks for your quick response and great music. I have an IPad mini 2 running iOS 8.4.1.
Clinton_RV

almost 6 years ago

Hi, Guys Just now managed to log out and back in. Problem resolved! Thanks for a great app and support.
mattmccoy

almost 6 years ago

Glad to hear it's working for you!
Clinton_RV

almost 6 years ago

Hi guys The issue has returned. Selecting Log Out does not seem to respond. The Add Songs window just hangs whilst trying to refresh and the new items do not appear. Clinton
napirod

over 3 years ago

Just had this issue today!!!! I just uninstalled and reinstalled Prime. I'm back in business. Thanks fellas