PRIME Pro request

Prime App

jamoloc

15 days ago

A majority of the songs I upload include 4 tracks. Click, Cues, XtraCues, and Practice. The "Practice" track is really just a real version of the song that we use as a reference to understand where we are at in the song during practice (an otherwise is "OFF"). The XtraCues provides some additional direction cues (slow build, all-in, pause, etc). Since all of my songs are basically custom made, whenever I add a new song I have to add markers and I don't get the benefit of the songs not eating up storage space because I didn't purchase them from LC (because we don't use multi-tracks).

I have only added a small number of the songs to PRIME from Ableton so far, but I forsee an issue of running out of space.

So.... is there a way to archive songs not actively in my rotation? Is it possible to add the ability to download the prime formatted song out of prime in a file format that when re-uploaded will retain the marker info (these could be wrapped up in such a way as to make them unusable outside of PRIME).

For instance... Christmas songs are just chewing up PRIME cloud storage space when only used once a year. It is a pain to have to re-upload the zip file, go through each son and reset all the markers, arrangements, and midi. It would be awesome to wrap those up into a downloadable archive that I could keep safe locally and then send them back up to PRIME once a year or when needed. Or archive off older songs that don't get in the the rotation much any more, but are still used occasionally.

mattslack

15 days ago

At this time, there is no way to back up these songs locally if they have bene removed from the cloud. I would encourage you to either upgrade your Loop Pro plan, or sign up for Loop Pro if you are currently a free user! This will give you increased cloud storage for such things. In any case, I'll pass along the suggestion to our development team for consideration. Thanks for the input!

jamoloc

15 days ago

Okay. Thank you. I already am a pro user with 25GB space. I'm just trying to figure out how to best manage the space for the future, blance church monthly expendechers, and time spend by volunteers. So if you all ever figure out how to add a local storage offload or archive feature that would perserve the markers, i'd be a happy beta tester :-)

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!

mattslack

14 days ago

We'll be sure to keep this in mind! let us know if there is anything else you think would be helpful!