Prime skipping random MIDI cues

Prime App

Dwillardjr

over 1 year ago

Ever since I updated to the newest build of Prime (6.0.8), it randomly skips MIDI cues. I'm using the cues to control EasyWorship. I didn't have any issues with it before the update. I have tried different app and Ableton and they work fine and nothing has changed in EW, so I know it's not EW. This is a big issue because I don't have anyone at the computer when using tracks and now I have to have someone sit there to make sure we're on the right slide. Might as well not even use MIDI at this point if someone has to sit at the computer and watch it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Prime. Is this a known bug? Any ideas on how to resolve it? Is anyone else having this issue? It's mostly random, but it's usually the second cue in the song and another one somewhere in the middle of the song, but it almost always happens twice in a song. Thanks for any help

mattslack

over 1 year ago

Hey there, We are looking into this. Are you using a private network for this function? Are you able to try using a wired connection between Prime and your network to see if this improves reliability? Thanks for your patience as we look into this!

Dwillardjr

over 1 year ago

Thanks for the reply. I am using a private network at the church. It does the same thing on my wifi connection at my house. I can try plugging in the laptop to the LAN, but I don't have an adapter to plug in the iPad to the LAN.

mattmccoy

over 1 year ago

Would you be willing to try a beta version of Prime to see if this fixes your issue?

largen

over 1 year ago

I am having the same issue. And I am running LAN. It is unpredictable which cues it skips and doesn't skip those cues consitantly. Could I try the beta?

Dwillardjr

over 1 year ago

Hey Matt. Sorry, I was out of the country on a missions trip. I would love to try the beta.

mattslack

over 1 year ago

Hey Guys, if you are wanting to join the Beta testing group, head over to Facebook and find the Loop Community Beta Testing group. Join the group, and there will be instructions there on how to get the beta on your device!

tjboston5676

over 1 year ago

i've personally had problems with EW7 ever since midi cues released but i've been working with them to resolve this over last two months, and the new beta 6.10 has 100% fixed the problem.

EpsomBibleWorship

over 1 year ago

we have the same issue using pro presenter. Only thing I can tell is that the missed cue takes place when it sits right on the edge of a verbal cue. It's like the app doesn't know which one to send so it sends the one embedded in the track. This would be fantastic if fixed. My gut says hardwired will not improve the situation but will try.

Dwillardjr

over 1 year ago

6.1 was released this week and is supposed to fix this issue. I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I requested to join the FB group to get the beta a week ago and my request is still pending, but in the meantime, they did release the update. Will test it this weekend. Hopefully it's fixed.

Dwillardjr

over 1 year ago

Used it this past Sunday with EasyWorhsip and it worked without a hitch. Thanks for fixing it!!

MCAChurchWL

over 1 year ago

I had the same issues, but in ProPresenter 6. We just used the new version 6.10 this past Sunday, and it worked flawlessly, which is the first time that it's run flawlessly in the four weeks that we've been trying to run midi cues with ProPresenter and Prime.

mattslack

over 1 year ago

We're so glad to hear this!! If you ever enounter any other issues, let us know!

Gregsings4u

over 1 year ago

Hey, are you guys hearing a glitch? Some of the songs I am buying have glitches in the rhythm.

Dwillardjr

over 1 year ago (edited)

@Gregsings4u, you might want to start a new thread with your question. It doesn't really have anything to do with what's being discussed here. People that are looking for what you're asking won't see it unless you start it in a new thread. But to answer your question, I have not heard any glitches in the rhythm in the songs I've purchased.

mattslack

over 1 year ago

If you're able to send a video of this to support@loopcommunity.com, we can take a look at the specific track and try to find any issue!

mattmccoy

over 1 year ago

Please update to Prime 6.1.1 in the app store. It makes MIDI cues much more reliable.

Anthony Hoisington

14 days ago

Hey, so I am having issues with midi control feature and wondered if I am missing something? I am using pro presenter and have the midi module enabled. I am on a secured private network and in the Prime app I see the computer and click on it. But it's not working. I set up cues on the track and nothing happens. After I push play and go back into settings on the app it says "not connected". So I go back in and re connect to the computer again and push play and when it stops it says again not connected.

So I am not sure.. what version of Pro 6 does it need to be? I am trying to figure out if it's an update issue? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Oaktree454

9 days ago

Hi, I'm new to all of this but reading most of the comments it looks like you guys are using the app with your media programs. Does anyone use this with MediaShout? I'm courious to know if I can implement this with our program. Thanks.

mattslack

8 days ago

We've not tested the Prime app with Mediashout. However, for things like Midi Out, as long as the program is capable of accepting midi cues from external sources, this should be possible. I'd recommend reaching out to their support staff for confirmation and more details on this!

Bla12nco

5 days ago

Sunday morning my loop track kept skipping... has to stop 3 times restart ... still continued to skip...

We finally turned off the sound system & restarted everything and it worked? Anyone else have this issue?

mattslack

1 day ago

We've not experienced this in the app unfortunately. Is this something you're encountering regularly? If so, send an email to our team at support@loopcommunity.com and our support staff would be happy to look into this further!