Prime stereo issue?

Prime App

sbruce

almost 6 years ago (edited)

We've been using PRIME for a few months now and I really love the app. I still haven't found an elegant solution for starting and stopping the tracks (hate bending down between each song) and Looptimus looks great, but WAY too much $$ for a device to simply press play (I realize it does more, but for PRIME, I just need to start the track) Anyway, yesterday we had our first "disaster"! I had to pull the iPad mini off stage to charge between services (leaving powered via AC makes a buzz). For some reason, when you plug it back it it does not separate the stereo signals, so the congregation heard "Intro...1, 2,3.." Big error and of course very embarrassing :) For whatever reason, if you unplug and re-plug it separates the image...anyone else experience this? And while I'm thinking about it...any chance to get PRIME to respond to PC or CC? Finding a controller that sends midi notes isn't too easy.
suncrestmedia

almost 6 years ago

This has been happening to me as well. several weeks in a row when I try to use the app for loops I bought through loop community. And I definitely do not have the Pan button selected. Fairly certain it is not my hardware connection. and so far, has not happened at all through PRIME on my iPhone 6 or when I play a loop via my iPad and a different program. The iPad I use is an iPad air. My best guess from my troubleshooting is that there's some sort of glitch between my iPad model, audio settings and PRIME app. Not sure what to do about it. Sometimes helps when I restart the app, but still very unpredictable. I have to unplug and replug my iPad also since it will obstruct the view of our screen if I leave it out.
mattmccoy

almost 6 years ago

This is strange and shouldn't be an issue. Are you sure you're on the latest version of the App? Also, make sure your Audio Settings are set to Mono in the Accessibility options in iOS.
NLCC

almost 6 years ago

I've had the same issue for 3 weeks. Craziest thing. It happens when you first plug it in. Then unplug it and plug it back in. You get ONE beat of the click, then it's back in place where it should be.
sbruce

almost 6 years ago

Wait; I want the audio setting set to Mono? I have never done this and not had an issue before. Wouldn't running the iPad in mono cause the clicks/cues to be on the same output as the tracks?
vpcworship

over 5 years ago

This is my first time posting here. We had this same thing on Sunday, and it was our launch service! Practice went fine. Unplugged to use a different source for pre-service music and when we went to start worship both click and track were coming through the house. By the second song we figured it out and turned the click off, but it was too late. This really needs to be fixed. Is there a place to submit an official bug report?
noraa311

over 5 years ago

Steven, first off the Looptimus pedal is my best investment ever. Well worth the money even if you just start and stop the loops in Prime. There are other foot pedal controllers out there but they just don't have the functionality of the Looptimus for the little less you will be paying. Also, once you experience its potential, you will enjoy it that much more. I have mine connected not only to run PRIME but also to automatically switch my guitar patches for each song on my Live X3 pedal. Good stuff for sure. As for the audio issues. You DONT want mono setting. I think Matt meant to say not in mono. Only time I've ever had an audio issue like that was when my headphone jack was not plugged all the way in. Really make sure that thing is tight every time. Also your break out connections need to be tight and fully plugged in (right & left) to their DI boxes. Any one of those could cause the iPad to think there is only a mono connection plugged in and therefore send all audio signals down both channels. I would suggest turning your iPad in airplane mode and setting the display brightness down so you can get longer battery life out of the thing. I have an iPad 2 and even how old that thing is I'm able to have it power my Looptimus and run PRIME and iBooks (for my chord charts) for over 3 hours without it hitting even 50% power. When I remember to bring my power cable for the Looptimus pedal I get even less battery draw. Another pointer I have done for last 6 years of running loops. Run your loop channel thru a volume pedal. That way you can easily do "test" clicks right before service to make sure everyone is on cue. This also allows for the occasional time where we may get a little off beat, I can continue the click and fade out the loop in hopes of getting back on the click, then fade the loop back in. Or I can fade out the loop and just have the click going for some spontaneous worship time. God Bless guys I hope you all get this figured out Thank you Matt and Loopcommunity for all your hard work. Aaron
mattmccoy

over 5 years ago

Thanks Aaron! Great info above.