Problem Uploading to Prime

Prime App

chrismisterek

almost 7 years ago (edited)

I've had a problem uploading some new tracks to prime. I've tried three different times and all uploads were successful but I've not gotten an email letting me know they were added to my account nor am I able to see them in my songs. The file is big (a little over a gig). Would that keep it from uploading properly? Thanks
cpfanatik77

almost 7 years ago

I have also been having problems uploading. I uploaded a custom track, it was added to Prime, and I downloaded it to my iPad. I then added it to my set in Prime. The first song in the set plays fine, but as soon as I try to play the song, Prime quits. Any ideas what might be happening?
mike

almost 7 years ago

Hey guys - the large file could be an issue. Chris - can you email support@loopcommunity.com with a dropbox link to the file and we'll check it out and try direct to narrow down the problem? Michael - which track of yours is the problem?
cpfanatik77

almost 7 years ago

It is the Happy Day (LOCC) track from 7/10. I just dropped one of the choruses, but still wanted to have all the individual stems available to adjust.
bwilson

almost 7 years ago

I am having trouble uploading as well. I have several multi tracks that I have purchased (before I came here) I thought we could upload these tracks. According to what I read it says we could do this. I was hoping to use it this Sunday. Thanks for your help!
bwilson

almost 7 years ago

I use Planning Center Music Stand with my iPad. Is there a way to run Prime tracks be hide the scene while using Music Stand? Thanks