Program stutters at every section marker

Prime App

Petermarkworship

about 5 years ago (edited)

When playing my tracks through Prime on my iPad, both the tracks and click/cues stutter at every section marker. I've tried all I can think on my end to try and correct it. Everything is up to date, I've restarted my iPad, redownload tracks, deleted and reinstalled Prime, but nothing has fixed the issue. Please help!
mattmccoy

about 5 years ago

Hey there! This is an issue we've identified in the latest update of PRIME. It seems to only be affecting older devices that don't have enough processing power. We've submitted a fix to Apple and hopefully they will release it before Sunday!
Petermarkworship

about 5 years ago

Great! Thank you
mattmccoy

about 5 years ago

We actually just released the fix on the App store - so please update your app there.
CCCVacaville

about 5 years ago

I'm having a related issue with click tracks where each track has an initial click that's off-beat before the specified tempo starts. It's like the track stutters slightly as it's getting started. It only seems to be affecting click tracks (created from within the app), not loops that have been purchased and downloaded. It doesn't render the app useless, but it's annoying and distracting for our band. It started happening after the last Prime update and is still there after the update today (5/20). Tried restarting my iPad (iPad Air) and restarting Prime but the problem persists. Any ideas?
mattmccoy

about 5 years ago

Delete the app and re-install a fresh copy.
CCCVacaville

about 5 years ago

Appreciate the reply. Is that he only solution? I've got a bunch of saved playlists and click tracks that I'm afraid I'll lose if I delete and re-install.
CCCVacaville

about 5 years ago

FYI I installed the 5/26/16 update and that fixed the problem - no more stuttering with click tracks. Thanks!! --Jason
tbcfirstlady

almost 3 years ago

i am having the same problem as the original question -- newly downloaded track (prime only) on iphone, stutters -- is there something I'm missing here or any idea what to do to correct it?
tbcfirstlady

almost 3 years ago

it's actually messing up the track -- it is starting the chorus in the middle of the bridge section... possible bug in the track itself? We have deleted and reinstalled the app -- that did not fix the problem.
mattmccoy

almost 3 years ago

It’s possible there is something that needs to be fixed in the song itself. Email support with your order number and they will be able to help you!