Producing Tracks

Publishing Rights and Loops

Producing Tracks

Daneskipper

about 7 years ago (edited)

I've been creating and using loops for my own and other artists' songs. My question is about uploading a loop I've created regarding another artist's song. I'll use, Shadows, by David Crowder for an example. I have a loop for this song we use in live worship. Am I able to upload this loop for sale/distribution? The loop is patterned after the song itself and sounds very similar. I'm not new to making loops but am in regard to understanding how I can sell/distribute them. A friend told me I could do that here. I just don't know the legality concerning doing this with a publisher's copy written song. Any specific help would be appreciated.
feinbergpaul

about 7 years ago

Dane you can absolutely do that here. Just go to upload and you can upload your files and put all the information about the song. Then loop community goes and gets a license for the song to sell it. Once they get the license it posts up here on loop community. This works great, you get 30% of the sales and loop community does all the work on the back end so you can sell that song legally.
mattmccoy

about 7 years ago

Great answer, Paul! Dane - can't wait to hear the loops you make! We try to make it easy for you to distribute your tracks.
feinbergpaul

about 7 years ago

Yea Matt, its call a Ninja response. lol Ninja = Quick responses to the form questions right? lol Dane, looking forward to hearing some of your stuff.