Feature Requests

Remixing Music

Feature Requests

Ekballome

almost 8 years ago (edited)

What do you guys feel about remixing secular music into Gospel/Christian music? I mean i'm pretty iffy on that but i know quite a few people that do it. So feedback would be awesome! Thanks
mattmccoy

almost 8 years ago

I sampled Katy Perry "Hot n Cold" drum intro and use it in "Your Grace Is Enough"... people love it.
zakstegman

almost 8 years ago

This weekend, I just sampled the Viva La Vida "oh-oh-oh-oh-oh's" into "He Is Faithful" by Jesus Culture and it fit perfectly! A couple people mentioned it after the set and said it was cool - so it kind of merges two worlds. I've also sampled LMFAO's Party Rock into "Like A Lion"....it works for Student Ministry worship!
jacobmorrison

almost 8 years ago

We've sampled M83's "Midnight City" intro and played it over the instrumental sections of "Let it Be Known" a couple of times. It's pretty fun. I go back and forth on this topic. I think the viability of this style depends on the culture of worship at your church. If your church uses the worship experience not only as a time of worship, but also as a resource to help non-believers feel more comfortable at church, then this style of remixing can be helpful and fun. On the other hand, if your church uses this time simply to worship, then this style will probably be distracting. I don't know that either is necessarily better or worse. Depending on the culture of your church and the vision of your leadership, one style will stand out as potentially more beneficial for your congregation.