Feature Requests

Renaming Cues / Stems

Feature Requests

TUMC_Worship

4 months ago

This question has been asked before re:the ability to rename markers in a track. As it is now, we are at the mercy of the track creator to interpret the marker naming. Side by side with any of the chart providers that the vast majority of us use (Song Select / Praise Charts) the markers often do not match the charts we are using. This seems to be a relatively consistent issue no matter what version, premium, community, loop community version being used. It seems so counter-intuitive to not allow this feature without a paid upgrade. The paid upgrade feature is great for those using anything other than the Prime app. But for those of us that are solely using Prime, the idea of dealing with the wav files to rename and reconfigure outside of Prime, then reupload it too much. It seems like adding a simple feature to rename the marker would be a reasonable solution.

I've looked through the documentation on how to create your own tracks and it seems like there is no real standard or expectation for any consistency related to the real-world charts we are all using. I am already using your product and really liking every other thing about it. However, after I hit my first round of purchasing a track and then realizing that the marker naming was drastically different than anything related to the chart, I am honestly a bit hesitant to keep purchasing tracks to use with Prime.

This whole thing is about making "it as easy as possible for you to use tracks at your church." When the chart we're following uses a different naming structure than the tracks we are purchasing, it is no longer as easy as possible. Any thoughts on this?

mattslack

4 months ago

Thanks so much for the feedback! We'll be sure to pass this along to our development team. In the meantime, if there are any specific songs with incorrect section markers you'd like adjusted, email our support team at support@loopcommunity.com and they'd be happy to look further into it!

TUMC_Worship

4 months ago

Thanks for the response Matt. Only been using LC for a month or so, but out of the 15 or so tracks I have purchased, most of them have non-matching section markers in some way or another. Here's one with significatnt issues:

https://loopcommunity.com/en-us/multitracks/whole-heart-(hold-me-now)-live-by-cody-van-scyoc-13246

Here is the Song Select chart for reference. https://songselect.ccli.com/Songs/7122452/whole-heart-hold-me-now/viewchordsheet

The PraiseCharts chart is even worse somehow:

https://praisecharts.com/songs/details/72418/whole-heart-hold-me-now-sheet-music/chords

Not being able to adjust the section markers made this one unusable. Had I known these were so far off, I would have chosen a different track.

mattslack

4 months ago

Sorry about this! We will look into this and make sure the markers are in the correct spot here! If there are others you have this issue with, reach out to our support team at support@Loopcommunity.com and we'd be happy to look into those.