Resume play from last stopping point in arrangement

Ableton

martzband

about 4 years ago (edited)

I just watched a webinar from LC given by Matt McCoy. It was how to build a set in arrangement view. There were 2 things not addressed. One, how to stop the track say, if you wanted to pray, or chat with the congregation for a minute, and two, how to resume playback from the point you stopped/paused. I have found a way to insert a stop track in arrangement view, where Ableton will stop playback automatically, wherever and however many times I want it. However, when I hit the space bar, it starts playback from wherever the cursor started playback last. I want to be able to start playback after the stop track. This also needs to be done with a midi footswitch, which I have, I just don't how how/where to map it. If there is a way to map a pause, then resume, that would work as well. Thanks, Chris
nlsn

about 4 years ago

Try Control Space or Command Space
martzband

about 4 years ago

Ok. I'll try that. As I stated, I need to be able to midi map this to my footswitch. How would I go about doing that?
JansonRoberts

about 4 years ago

Hey Chris, Try inputting section locators for where you'd like the song to start again. Set "pause points" in the tracks or start/end locators to be able to map those locators. Once you've hit stop, the cursor will go back to the beginning, but you can quickly press one of the mapped buttons on your midi controller to start where your locators are set. Hope this helps. =)
jeffcaylor

about 4 years ago

Hey so SHIFT+SPACEBAR is the command you want. Your post inspired me to take a crack at this in Max4Live since the only thing I found was pretty buggy and long in the tooth. Check out PAUSE BUTTON if you have Ableton Live Suite and Max4Live. www.jeffcaylor.com/resources/pausebutton