Song Transitions

Prime App

brokempty

over 6 years ago (edited)

Is there a coming update allowing for songs to overlap as they fade in/out. Is this already possible using a footswitch and if so, what one is best? My Ipad is filling the role of an entire praise team at the moment and smoother transitions would be wonderful. Especially if I can put a pad between them allowing for some spontaneous moments or even just talking. I am honestly way beyond my current ability using all tracks, but by the grace of God, my congregation has been very willing to worship and ignore dead spots as I either skip to the next song or wait for it to switch on it's own. Thanks!
nlsn

over 6 years ago

Jeremy, Are you using PRIME on your iPad, or Garage Band?
brokempty

over 6 years ago

I am using Prime
brokempty

over 6 years ago

I have the pads, just haven't had a way to transition in Prime without dead time as it moves to next file. Was mostly hoping there was an update coming to Prime that would overlap the tracks as they transition so there is no abrupt stops and starts. I like the usefulness of Prime and how easy it is (and idiot proof in my case), but may have to start looking for a program that allows transitions. It usually takes me a while with any learning curve, so I was trying to avoid learning something new, lol.
austinlargusa

over 6 years ago

I use the same setup as you Jeremy Typically, what I'll do is hit the pad for the next song 5 seconds before the song actually ends. That way the pad for the next song is already going when we end. I control click/loops from the Looptimus Foot Controller to the Prime app on iPad. I control the pad through iTunes on my iPhone that goes to the snake. OR I have our media guys trigger the pad for each song. You can also program this to play in ProPresenter
brokempty

over 6 years ago

I was hoping to avoid adding another device into the mix, but if it works, it works. Hadn't thought of my phone running the pads. Thanks!
joeldipert

over 6 years ago

I'm with you, Jeremy. I think a cross fade option would be a fantastic update to the app.