Logic & MainStage

Syncing audio(mp3 files) to the grid

Logic & MainStage

thebhgroove

almost 9 years ago (edited)

Hey, Well I'm just getting started making loops with Logic X, which has been loads of fun (not sure why everyone here gives Logic so much crap). However, I can't seem to get audio files to lock to the grid with a click. I just wanna use it for reference as I insert my own tracks. I've done this before in Logic 9 with the Factory tab, but it isn't there in the new version. Any suggestions?
mike

almost 9 years ago

Can one of our mainstage guru's comment for Ben?
thebhgroove

almost 9 years ago

Looks like everyone is as lost as I am...lol
mrdister

almost 9 years ago

I think I'm a little confused. In Logic X, you are dropping in mp3 files, and they are not syncing to a click you made in Logic? It sounds like you just need to nudge the wave file a little left or right on the track to get it to line up. MP3s will add audio silence before the start of the file which can cause problems like this. Just nudge it till it lines up.
tpecina

almost 9 years ago

Hey Kyle, do you think he means that the Snap function is not enabled. I know when using Logic Pro 9 you can drag a file to the arrangement window and it does automatically snap to the beginning of the track.
mrdister

almost 9 years ago

That could be although the "Smart" snap to functionality doesn't guarantee that it will line up with your tracks correctly, especially if you're using MP3s because of the extra silence that will be included at the start :/
thebhgroove

over 8 years ago

Thanks guys for the responses! You're both right actually. I'm making some loops for a couple live tracks and dropping in the mp3's to use for reference. Obviously, since it was a live performance there are points where it wasn't exactly right on the click. So I'm trying to line the performance up to the project tempo. I didn't know if there was a way to make the whole track line up or in I had to go in and manually align all the flex markers. Once again, I really appreciate your time and help!
saidmusic1

almost 2 years ago (edited)

I just purchased a music file but wanted a mp3 download but got the prime app only download. How can I turn my prime download to mp3 file? I don't have the funds to repurchase.

Derkerr

almost 2 years ago

Please email support@loopcommunity.com with your username and the name of the track. Then our team can look into this. Thanks!

Guitarbishop

over 1 year ago

This is what I do in One idea, determine your bpm for your track and creat a click track of one measure, drag it as long as you need to by looping it. Pan it to the left side.