Time Signature Changes

Prime App

RyanJamesSez

almost 3 years ago (edited)

Certain songs we do change tempo and/or time signatures during the song (mostly stuff by covenant worship). Any news on when you'll be implementing a feature that allows us to work with this in app? Maybe when we go to "edit markers" we can snap the section to any bar as opposing to just the start of the measures? That way if if you get a song that goes from 2/4 to 4/4 real quick, we can custom arrange that easily. Thoughts?
Derkerr

almost 3 years ago

Hi RJ, This is something our development team is looking into and working on. We hope that in a future update PRIME's dynamic click and section markers would be able to work with tempo and time signature changes. Thanks for the feedback! -Derek, The LC Team
ajhochy

over 1 year ago

any update on this?

Derkerr

over 1 year ago

Hey AJ,

This has not been implemented into Prime yet. We don't have an immediate date on when this would be added, but it is still something we hope to add in the future.

Thanks!

ElBethelWorship

over 1 year ago

ajhocky, I just posted a work around at the end of this discussion. I hope it fixes your problem until an official release comes out!

muzikmann81

over 2 years ago

Perfect, was hoping for the same. Looking forward to this update.
ElBethelWorship

over 1 year ago (edited)

Ryan, I have found a work around that helps in some of the situations you mention. (And devs, please do not patch this until you have an official way of doing it!)

If a song has both 2/4 and 4/4 sections, upload the song as 2/4. As you set your edit points, it will let you do it every 2 beats instead of 4 beats, so you can set the points for 2/4 and 4/4. After you have finished all of your markers, save it and then delete the song from your device. Log into the loopcommunity website, go to your cloud storage, and click edit for the song you just set the marks for and change it from 2/4 to 4/4. Now, redownload the song onto your ipad/mac and the cues will be in 4/4, but the location markers will remain where you put them in 2/4. For those songs, turn off the click accent, and the click and cues will work perfect for the song.

I hope this hack works for you (and hopefully continues to work) until an official feature is released.

ElBethelWorship

over 1 year ago (edited)

You can also do the same for 6/8 tracks. Upload it as 3/4, set your edit marks, delete it, change the time signature to 6/8, redownload it, and turn off the click accent. This will work with any 6/8 songs that also have 3/8, 9/8, or 12/8 measures.

eastridgecc

over 1 year ago

Great hack! it worked perfectly. Thanks

pscc

9 days ago

This hack is amazing. it worked magnificently. this should be posted on the front page of LC's website

MglCrtz

11 days ago

Any update on this feature? its been in "development" for over 2 years...

mattslack

9 days ago

Unfortunately, not yet. Hopefully this is something that we can add to the app in the near future! Sorry for the inconvenience, but let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist in the meantime!