Track portion not playing intermittently

Prime App

Elvisgrl1684

4 months ago

Recently we have had the track portion not play, only the click and cues. I thought maybe it was the dongle for IPhone (and maybe it still is) as it always seemed to happen first song after reconnecting it. This last Sunday it happened on the second song after auto play transition from first song, second song had no track. Stopped the song, disconnected 1/4" from dongle and plugged back in and it worked again. Was just wierd it played on first song but not second. Has happened on two different iPhones, one 12 Pro Max and one 13 Pro Max. Any thoughts? Making our leaders really lose confidence in doing their sets.

mattslack

4 months ago

Sorry to hear this! This isn't something we've experienced. Just to confirm, are you using a lightning to 1/8 inch adapter and plugging the stereo breakout cable into it? In the meantime, try deleting the entire setlist and re-downloading it to see if this resolves the issue. If the problelm persists, reach out to our support team at support@Loopcommunity.com and theyd be happy to look further into this!

Elvisgrl1684

4 months ago

Correct, IPhone 1/8" adapter dongle into stereo cable to sound board. It's happened on multiple different set lists, songs and different phones. Like I said even happened on the second song which auto played transitioning off the first song that played perfectly. Thanks for the email. If we continue to have issues, I'll reach out!

mattslack

4 months ago

Sorry to hear it! Please keep us posted. We'll continue to look into this in the meantime, but reach out to support@loopcommunity.com if you encounter any other issues.