Track start lag issue

Ableton

RedemptionFW

over 2 years ago (edited)

So we've been using prime since the release of the Mac app. It's great minus one issue that I thought was just the way the program ran until this weekend. When using looptimus to fire tracks there is a 2-3 second lag from the time the switch is hit until the track actually fires. I assumed that was just how prime worked until I ran a different keys setup this weekend and used a different midi controller to fire tracks. In my office the tracks fired instantly. But then when I got to the church and set everything else up the lag was back. Same cables used in my office and all. It is a different interface at the church (scarlett 2i2 in my office and scarlett 18i20 at the church). Is this lag normal or is there something else I am missing here?
Derkerr

over 2 years ago

Hi Adam, If you are experiencing lag when firing Looptimus, how long is the USB cable that you are using? USB cables have lag when sending MIDI if they are longer than 15 feet. Also if the USB cable from the interface is longer than 15 feet, there may be some lag as well. If both cables are less than that, and you are still having issues, let me know. Thanks! -Derek, The LC Team
RedemptionFW

over 2 years ago

The looptimus cable is 3 ft. The cable to the interface is longer than 15 foot but we never experienced a lag when using Ableton with the same interface, looptimus, and cables.