Triggering Envelope with next scene? Ambient Pads....

Ableton

TACWorshipArts

almost 7 years ago (edited)

Hey All: I'm using ambient pads occasionally between songs. I trigger them with "follow-next" to trigger the pad clip. Right now I hard-set the envelope volume to go down at some point during the next song, but I'm wondering if there is a way to have the Envelope/Volume start when the next song/scene is triggered? This would allow the pad to play as long as we wanted between songs, allowing more improvisation before starting the next song. Any ideas or work-arounds on this would be appreciated. thanks Rowland
wrbc_worship

almost 7 years ago

the way i've done something similar is to set my loop punch in/out markers in that "free space" between songs, then turn on the Arrangement Loop button. that way, when we get to that point in my setlist, Ableton just keeps looping that pad indefinitely.
audiblelighthouse

almost 7 years ago

Put delay and reverb on the channel with the pads. When you stop it it will naturally fade out
TACWorshipArts

almost 7 years ago

I have the fade figured out....but want to decided when the fade starts.
audiblelighthouse

almost 7 years ago

Not sure if you can do this arrangement view, but in session Set the fade in with an envelope. Right after the fade in envelope start the loop region. If you have reverb and delay on it it will loop seamlessly until you stop it. Just make sure the delay is not synced with the tempo or it will make wierd sounds if you change the tempo.
TACWorshipArts

almost 7 years ago

yes...using and envelope that will go continuously, OR, I can set the fade manually, we already do this. We don't always know how long we'd like to take in between songs...so it would be nice to be able to trigger the envelope when the next scene is triggered....that's what I'm inquiring about...thanks.
audiblelighthouse

almost 7 years ago

Found this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UDaYoRPpGK4 Should work in the same way with volume automation