Trouble Getting Live to Warp My Loops Correctly

Ableton

SimsCD

over 7 years ago (edited)

So I'm pulling my hair out trying to get live to warp some loops of mine correctly. I'm importing a drum loop that was programmed in logic and perfectly quantized to the grid at 114 bpm. When I bring that .wav into ableton and click warp, it says that the original bpm is 143.3 and the warp markers totally jack up the loop. I have watched all of the videos that I can find on here about warping and haven't found an answer to this. Things I've tried with no luck: 1)Setting the global tempo at the top of live to 114 before importing loop 2)Setting the default warp method to "Complex" before importing. Any ideas or resources to check out would be great. Thanks
mike

over 7 years ago

Turn off 'auto-warp long samples' in Ableton's preferences. Then delete the .asd files and try again.
SimsCD

over 7 years ago

Just tried that as well.....same thing. It's really weird. When I import a loop of a Fender Rhodes part from the same logic project, it works fine as expected. But a few of the loops from the project including the drums it really messes them up (there is also no consistency in what it thinks the correct bpm is from the exported files in that project. It puts one at 143, another at 84). I'm more than happy to try and manually fix each loop but I'm not sure I know the best workflow to do that.
SimsCD

over 7 years ago

Resolution has been found.!!! I went into the clip editor, the I set the 1.1.1 marker right at the first transient of the Loop., then I command clicked the new 1.1.1 marker and selected "warp From here at 114". Voila! It was fixed, then I just had to set the start playback marker back to the beginning of the clip and all was set. Now I can get back to making music.
mattmccoy

over 7 years ago

Chris... and now you are a warping ninja!