Using Looptimus to Trigger pre-recorded pads

Looptimus

ajhughes

about 7 years ago (edited)

Hoping someone out there can help me with this one... I own a Looptimus controller and have finally started playing with it. I am looking for a way to trigger pre-recorded pads to change keys. I started with prime, but when it changes songs it's rather abrupt. I have played around with Garageband, saw a video on that the other day, but that only seems to work for me with the Garageband synth sounds. I would prefer to use the ambient pads that I have pre-recorded. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might accomplish this? Thanks, Andrew
ajhughes

about 7 years ago

I forgot to include that I am trying to accomplish this with an iPad. In the future I hope to have and macbook I can run ableton on, but at the moment the ipad must suffice...
HBC_Burlington

about 7 years ago

Hi Andrew, I am not sure if you can trigger your own pad sounds to transition to the next song with prime. You could easily do this with ableton, but like you said you aren't ready for that purchase yet. The looptimus does have a great pad mode, but again I don't know if you can use that through the prime app. My only thought is taking the original loop you are using and adding the pads to the beginning of the file using some sort of DAW. Then if you can re-upload the track into prime you should have a transition built in before the song starts. Does that make sense? Hope this helped.
ajhughes

about 7 years ago

Thanks for the response. I have been playing with the Looptimus in Pad mode. It' s definitely cool. I have got it to work with Garageband. The challenge with that is creating the Pad sound I'm looking for. Maybe I need to better understand how to get the pad sound I'm looking for. I have a few pre-recorded ones that I like, and was hoping to trigger those like I do the pads in Garageband with the Lopptimus in Pad mode. I am looking at a couple Synth app for the iPad that might be better... we'll see. I do like your other suggestion, the only thing is I was hoping to be able to trigger things more dynamically. Like the Garaband/Looptimus example. Maybe getting to ableton sooner is the real solution...
mattmccoy

almost 7 years ago

Hey guys: PAD MODE: This is used to play virtual instruments live, not pre-recorded audio. So if you go this route, then you need to find a Pad sound that you like in Garageband, Ableton, MainStage, etc. I know people who are using Prime to run pads, but they are running pre-recorded audio. Just upload the pad audio you want to play. Make sure you call it TRACKTITLE_STEREO.mp3, .wav, etc. Labeling it Stereo will make it come out both sides and you can then trigger it in Prime as an audio file. But to be clear, in Prime, you can't use PAD mode. You need to be in DEF mode. Have fun.