Sound & Tech Team

Which iPad do I need for Prime?

Sound & Tech Team

Rasmus

almost 2 years ago

Hey there,

I'm currently looking into what Hardware I would need to use Prime.

Not owning any Apple Devices yet, thus having no clue at all:

Which iPad would I need to buy in order to use Prime smoothly?

FriendshipTracks

almost 2 years ago

In my experience (been using prime on stage for about 2 years with little to no problems), you don't need HUGE memory, just a newer iPad. I have been using a VERY old 16gb iPad mini, and only as of late, since the new update have I experienced any glitches...nothing detrimental to the service, just weird midi assigning and things of that nature. Thus, I just ordered a new 32gb iPad on black Friday for $229...super cheap. Personally I would just make sure you have one of the latest or 2nd to latest iPads to run smoothly...again, no need for huge memory or an iPad pro. I will caveat that Prime is the ONLY thing i use this particular iPad for...if you are looking for an everyday worker, you may want to bump up the gb (memory/storage)

Rasmus

almost 2 years ago

Thank you very much, this really helped me :)

JamesC

4 months ago

Bumping this old threar. Any wisdom on an iPad that would be a good investment? thanks!

mattslack

4 months ago

As long as it can run iOS 10 or later, you will be fine! For speed and storage, you'd be best served by any device within the last couple of years. If you can find something within that criteria, Prime will run great for you!