Why so little midi here?

Ableton

Onething

over 7 years ago (edited)

Here and online its hard to find Hillsong, Bethel, etc midi clips? Is there really that low of demand? You can bring them into an ableton session and put awesome synths and drum sthere. I need midi!
tsho08

over 7 years ago

I guess most people like getting it already done for them. Personally I find I spend more time on getting the right sounds than creating the midi tracks. I find that to be the easiest part lol. Guess it's a personal preference.
AndyWalker

over 7 years ago

Writing the parts is easy! I spend maybe 15 minutes writing the parts and the rest is getting sounds perfect.
mike

over 7 years ago

The biggest problem we have when getting MIDI clips is that most people use plugins that not everyone has. That makes it hard to sell and not get a lot of complaints! :D
tsho08

over 7 years ago

agreed with mike. I now places where I can download all of hillsong's patches for mainstage but because I don't have all the plugins it is completely useless to me. Also if I post a Logic Pro 9 patch with plugins and I have logic pro X I probably still can't use cause the program went from using 32 bit to 64 bit. To many unknowns. If someone purchased a midi file and didn't have the right stuff cause they didn't understand and were knew, it would cause a lot of problems.
AndyWalker

over 7 years ago

I was so bummed when I downloaded the Hillsong Patches and they needed the newest version of Mainstage as well.
kferris

over 7 years ago

I just purchased smart score x2. Converts PDF sheet music to midi.. So far it's working pretty cool